Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Time is Here

This is our first Christmas in our new house! We decided to host it at our house. I am so excited. Everything is getting all Christmas...E. Christmasy...Christmasie...Christmasee...Huh?!  ANYWHO. Christmas is at our house and we are decking the halls, sidewalk, dining room, and all other places you can...deck...orate! =D
I have been thinking and thinking about Christmas traditions and what traditions I want our family to have. I've been thinking about my husbands family traditions, my families tradition, and friends family traditions.
What do you do when you have so much to choose from. Well here is what you do

I love that my Mother-in-Law makes goodies plates for her friends and family
I love that every year we read the Christmas story Christmas eve, Right before we opened up our new homemade Christmas pajamas (although the boys do not have homemade Jammie's, I hope that someday they will)
I love having toast and hot chocolate Christmas morning
I love having pizza or Hickory Farms crackers, cheese and meats for dinner Christmas eve
I love the oranges in the stockings (I love it even more that both my family and my husbands family does this)
Real Christmas trees. The fluffiness, the pine smell in your house. love it all.
Fake trees. weird, I know. To have them back to back like this. I love my Mother-in-Laws tree. It's fast, convenient and very low maintenance. It's easy, and simple. Our compromise, A real one when we're home to take care of it, a fake one when we're going somewhere else.
Movies. Christmas movies. We only got them out once a  year. We were not the ones watching Frosty the Snowman in the middle of summer. It was in the Christmas box. It came out the day after Thanksgiving and went back in sometime in the middle of January. I liked it that way. It made them special.
Christmas stories. A different one every night. and although we are not at a point where we can do one EVERY night, we do have a couple for Christmas eve.

There are a lot of traditions I wish we could do, but lets face it. You have to pick and choose the ones that you and your family like best.  So to you and yours. Merry Christmas and enjoy your family and it's many traditions, whatever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment